History of the Department
Drug Technology Department was established in 1981. The first members of the Department were Head of the Department, Candidate of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Associate Professor Chukurova R.M., teachers Rysbekova Z.M., Usenbayeva R.B., Sagindykova B.A. received training in target postgraduate courses in All-Union Scientific Research Pharmacy Institute.
Since then, the Department has passed a difficult way of development, introduced new courses, expanded teaching staff team. So, in 1982 the course of medicine industrial technology was opened, in 1983 - the course of “Biopharmacy”.
Over the years, Drug Technology Department was headed by: Chukurova R.M., Candidate of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Associate Professor (1981-1993); Mendibayev B.T., Candidate of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Associate Professor (1993-1997); Sagindykova B.A., Doctor of Pharmacy, Professor (1997- till the present moment).
A great contribution to the development of the Department made: the first members of the Department Rysbekova Z.M. (1981-1997), Usenbayeva R.B., Candidate of Pharmaceutical Sciences (1982-1998), Abdullabekova R.M. (1982-1995), now she is a Doctor of Pharmacy; Torlanova B.O., Candidate of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Associate Professor (1982-2008); Kutsenko V.V., Candidate of Pharmaceutical Sciences (1982-1996); Martynova I.A., Candidate of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Associate Professor (1982 till the present moment); Bashikova G.H., Candidate of Pharmaceutical Sciences (1985-1993), the first graduates with honors who worked to distribution: Anarbayeva R.M., Candidate of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Associate Professor (1984 till the present moment); Bulegenova L.P. (1984-1996), DzhakupovaB.Zh. (1984-1990); ToksanbayevaZh.S., Candidate of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Associate Professor (1989-1998).
The Department has qualified scientific and pedagogical staff, trained in the best academic schools of Moscow with leading scientists: Corresponding member of the Academy of Medical Sciences of the USSR, Professor Tentsova A.I. (Sagindykova B.A.), Prof. Ivanova L.A. (Usenbayeva R.B., Anarbayeva R.M.), Prof . Babanova N.K. (Torlanova B.O.), with scientists from Kazakhstan: Corresponding member of the Academy of Medical Sciences of Kazakhstan, Prof. Dilbarkhanova R.D. (Martynova I.A., Kucenko V.V.).
Sagindykova Bayan Akhmetovna, Head of Drug Technology Department, Doctor of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Professor
Tasks of the department
At the department createdits ownscientific school. Underthe guidance of Professor B.A.Sagyndykova defended their dissertations 6 candidates.
Drug Technology Department, as one of the leading departments of Pharmacy Faculty, is making a significant contribution to the training of highly qualified specialists. Teaching laboratories are equipped with labor-saving devices and visual aids in the form of posters, cabinets, special equipment, devices, etc.
Training of specialist sisconducted bybachelor degree specialties: 5B110300-"Pharmacy", 0306000-"Pharmacy" (vocational education) and distanceon a specialty"Pharmacy"(until 2008 was the lastrelease), Mastersin the specialty 6M110400- Pharmacy.
In connection with the accession to the department of educational disciplines of the specialty "Technology of pharmaceutical production" from September 1, 2014, the department was renamed "The Department of Technology of Medicine and Engineering Disciplines". Later, in connection with the fact that the department "Technology of pharmaceutical production" became separate, in June 2015, according to the order №71 the name of the department was again replaced by the department "Drug Technology".
Currently, 1 doctor of pharmaceutical sciences, professor, 2 candidates of pharmaceutical sciences, associate professors, Acting Professors, 5 master of medical sciences (2 on maternity leave) and 1 master of natural sciences work at the Department of Drug Technology. There are 5 undergraduates in the magistracy.
The faculty of the department takes an active part in the development of the State Compulsory Standard of Higher Education in the following specialties: "Pharmacy", "Management in the social sphere", "Technology of pharmaceutical production" for several generations, postgraduate education in the specialty "Pharmacy".
First issued textbooks in Kazakh language:
1. «Дәрілердің дәріханалық технологиясы» (Sagindykova B.A., Anarbaeva R.M., 2008 p. 464.).
2. «Дәрілердің өндірістік технологиясы» (Sagindykova B.A., 2008 y., 346 p.)
Employees of the department prepared and published more than 10 textbooks in the state and Russian languages (since 2003).
More than 400 scientific works, 2 registration certificates for medicinal preparations, 5 Temporary Pharmacopoeial articles, 12 pre-patents have been published by the department department since 1981. Since 1999, the Department of Technology of medicines has been conducting courses of advanced training for specialists with higher and secondary education in cycles.
1. Innovative technologies for the production of medicines.
2. Current issues of pharmaceutical technology.
Since 2011, organized on-site cycles to improve the skills of specialists with higher and secondary education in the Urals and Zhambyl regions. At the department there is a student scientific society. Since 1991, more than 60 degree works and projects have been defended. Students participate in international, republican, regional olympiads.
Educational and methodical work of the Department
The academic work at the department is annually conducted in accordance with the State Educational Establishment of the Republic of Kazakhstan - 2016 and the State Educational Establishment of the Republic of Kazakhstan 6.08.029 - 2009 with the approved work plan of the department. There are standard and work programs of disciplines in Kazakh and Russian languages:
1. "Industrial technology of medicines" in the specialty: 5В110300 - "Pharmacy" for students of 4 and 5 courses(on the subject curriculum);
2. "Fundamentals of Pharmaceutical Technology" in the specialty: 5В074800- Pharmaceutical production technology for 3-year students;
3. "Fundamentals of teaching methodology in pharmacy" in the specialty: 6M110400- "Pharmacy".
4. "Fundamentals of the methodology of scientific research in pharmacy" in the specialty: 6M110400- "Pharmacy".
1. "Technologies of medicinal forms" in the specialty: 5В110300 - "Pharmacy" (baccalaureate) for 3rd year students;
2. "Biopharmacy and technology of homeopathic medicinal forms" in the specialty: 5В110300- "Pharmacy" for students of the 4th year;
3. "Innovative Pharmaceutical Technology" in the specialty: 5В110300- "Pharmacy" for 5th year students;
4. "Introduction to the specialty" in the specialty: 5В110300- "Pharmacy" for second-year students;
5. "Technology of parapharmaceutical and nutraceutical drugs", specialty 6М110400- "Pharmacy"
6. "Pharmaceutical and biomedical aspects of medicines" in the specialty: 6М110400- "Pharmacy";
7. "Good Pharmaceutical Practice" in the specialty: 6M110400- "Pharmacy";
8. "Nanotechnology in Pharmacy and Biotechnology", specialty: 6М110400- "Pharmacy".
Faculty of the Department published the following books in official and Russian languages:
- Textbooks of Sagindykova B.A. “Дәрілердің өндірістік технологиясы” »;p. 360, 2011;
- Sagyndykova B.A., Anarbayeva R.M. “Дәрілердің дәріханалық технологиясы”p. 464, 2008;
- Textbook Anarbaeva R.M. «Дәріханалық дәрілік түрлер технологиясы бойынша зертханалық сабақтарға арналған оқу құралы»
- Teaching-methodical manual of Sagyndykova B.A., Anarbaeva R.M., Martynova I.A., Asylova N.A. «Dosing in drug technology» (rus., kaz.) р. 55, 2018;
- Text book of Sagyndykova B.A., Torlanova B.O., Kydyralieyva B.S. “Biopharmacy and pharmacokinetics elements”;
- Markevitch M.P. “Study guide to the laboratory classes in Biopharmacy”;
- Martynova I.A. “Cosmetic medicines”.
- Textbook of Anarbaeva R.М. «Дәріханалық дәрілік түрлер технологиясы бойынша зертханалық сабақтарға арналған оқу құралы»
Also prepared for publication:
- Educational and methodical manual of Sagindykova B.A. "Standardization of medical solutions and extraction preparations" (Russian, Kazakh).
Disciplines taught in the framework of the multilingualism program
- The discipline "Innovative Pharmaceutical Technology", specialty 5В110300- "Pharmacy" for 5th year students is conducted in Russian groups in the state language, in Kazakh groups in Russian;
- Selected topics on the discipline "Industrial medicine technology" on the specialty 5В110300- "Pharmacy" for the 4th year students are conducted in English.
Educational work of the Department
Educational process in academic groups includes curator participation in education and training activities of a student, formation of a creative personality with student involvement to work in Academy student scientific societies, education of patriotism, internationalism, respect for national heritage. Faculty of the Department and students regularly attend performances of dramatic theatre named after Zh. Shanin and cinemas of the city. Education of the younger generation, formation of a harmonious personality is one of the major challenges of modern society.
Students of supervised groups are actively involved in the activities of the faculty and the Academy: “World Control Day of AIDS”, “Smoking – no”, “State symbols - flag, hymn, emblem”, "Festival of Health".
Research work of the Department
Scientific activity of the department is conducted in the direction «Search, development and bio pharmaceutical research of innovative drugs».
Scientific activity is aimed at developing and implementing a production of pharmaceutical drugs on the basis of home plant materials and new production technologies, as well as improving technology of medicines produced by native producers. under the direction of Professor Sagindykova B.A. there was a scientific and technical program “Development and introduction of new drugs on the basis of home plant material” (subprogram “Technological and biopharmaceutical aspects of design and introduction of pharmaceutics with anti-inflammatory effect”, № 0342 of State registration of RK). According to this program, the research was directed to development and introduction of drugs on the basis of original home substances: rihlokain, alkhidin and local raw materials - licorice root extract, glycyram.
One of the areas of scientific research is to improve the technology of medicinal products produced by pharmaceutical companies. In this regard, under the direction of Professor Sagindykova B.A. there was a research to improve the technology of valerian extract coated tablets of 0.02 g, “Piracetam” tablets of 0.2 g and technology of generic pills. The composition of the suspension coating of the tablets has been improved and the technological process of the suspension coating method of the tablets has been developed. Temporary Officinal articles for the coated tablets “Valerian extract “of 0.02 g (TOA of RK 42-619-2002); for the coated tablets “Piracetam” of 0.2 g (TOA of RK 42-527-2001) were approved. Preparations are registered in State Register of drugs of the Republic of Kazakhstan (RK-LS -3 № 005375, RK-LS -3 № 005147) and are now producing in Shymkent JSC “Santo” on a commercial scale. The scientific team led by Professor Sagindykova B.A. has been the holder of research grants several times:
1. Science Foundation of the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Kazakhstan , 1999.
2. Ministry of Health of RK 009 “Applied research in the field of public health”, 2003-2005.
3. Innovation Fund of South- KazakhstanRegion, 2004.
Under the guidance of Professor Sagindikova B.A, 3 scientific and technical projects were carried out within the framework of cooperation with other scientific organizations:
1. "The creation of an industrial prototype for the production of high-tech cosmetic products based on extracts of "Regeneresen" containing RNA" (LLP "RPC RE-BIOMED", Center for technology commercialization MES );
2. "Evaluation of safety and effectiveness of RNA-containing biologically active substances with geroprotective potential" (RSE on REM national center of Biotechnology); «Академическая программа SANTO» (АО «Химфарм», НПП «Атамекен»).
The results of scientific researches of the Department employees are published in international, national and regional journals and proceedings of conferences: "Vestnik of SKSPHA" (Shymkent); "pharmacy of Kazakhstan" (Almaty); "proceedings of the national Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Kazakhstan" (Series of biological, medical); "Bulletin of Kazakh National medical University" (Almaty); "Man and medicine: XXIII Russian national Congress" (Moscow); "Eurasian Union of Scientists" (Moscow); "the 7th European Congress of Pharmacology" (Istanbul, Turkey); "Sciences of Europe" (Praha, Czech Republic).
Employees of the Department of drug technology have repeatedly participated in online seminars of Thomson Reuters on research resources.
Training of qualified scientific personnel is carried out through the magistracy. Under the guidance of the head of the Department doctor of pharmaceutical Sciences, Professor Sagindykova B. A. 14 protected the master's thesis of medical Sciences on a speciality 6М110400 pharmacy (scientific-pedagogical and profile directions): Toishieva B. T., Omirbaeva A. E., Zhuzenova G. A., Asylova N. A. Seitova J. D., Isakov A. )., Rakhymbayeva N. A. Ashirov M. Z., Daulet À.G., Nurgali U., Djurabekova Z. D., Omarbekova A. A., G. B. Tolegenova and Jumabekova M. S. (Bektureeva M. S.).
In the master's degree in specialty 6M110400 pharmacy (scientific-pedagogical and profile directions) are trained 5 magisters:
1. Kasymova A.A. thesis: " Receiving drugs of plant origin by biotechnological method»
2. Tynys T.O. thesis: "Development and research of dental films based on medicinal plants»
3. Daulbaev A. O. thesis: " The preparation of the extract and its engineering study of Ferula assafoetida L.»
4. Namazbai G.A. thesis: "Development of technology of tablets with a modified profile of allocation of medicines»
5. Medetova L.Sh. thesis: "Development of technology for obtaining medical and cosmetic cream against acne»
Staff of the Department concluded a treaty on scientific and technical cooperation in the field of collaborative research in relevant areas of chemistry and pharmaceutical technology with SKSU named after M. Auezov, and for engineering works with LP “Zhusan “. There was made a scientific and labor cooperation agreement with “Research Institute of Cardiology and Internal Diseases” of the Ministry of Health of RK to determine pharmacological activity of developed pharmaceutics, Research Institute of Cardiology and Internal Diseases in Almaty. Employees of the Department review scientific papers, publish scientific articles, participate in conferences, congresses.
Under the guidance of Professor B.A. Sagindykova on the scientific and pedagogical specialty 6M110400- "Pharmacy" were protected by 12 master's theses:
ToyshievaB.T. ,Umyrbaeva A.E., Zhuzenova G.A., Asylova N.A., SeitovaZh.D., Isakov A., Rakhymbaev N.A., Ashirov M.Z., Daulet A.G., Nurgalu Ү., Jurabekova Z.D. and Omarbekova A.A.
Under the guidance of Professor B.A. Sagindykova in 2014-2015 within the framework of cooperation with LLP "Rebiomed" (Astana) the grant of the Center for the Commercialization of Technology of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan was won and implemented. "Creation of an industrial prototype for production of high-tech cosmetic products on the basis of extracts of" Regenesene "containing RNA" (LLP "SPC RE-BIOMED");
In 2015, under the leadership of Professor B.A. Sagindykova jointly with the National Center for Biotechnology won a grant of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan "Evaluation of the safety and effectiveness of RNA-containing biologically active substances with geroprotective potential" (RSE for PHV National Center for Biotechnology).
Student scientific society
The Department has a student scientific society, organized by the number of students doing research work. Every student has a specific section of the complex topic of research work and a supervisor. At this stage, a work is continuing to develop pharmaceutics (tablets, suppositories) using an extract of grape seeds and gingili oil. There are reports, essays according to research materials, which are discussed at the meetings of SSS. Working in student scientific society, students are attached to research on the subject of the Department, acquire skills: conducting a patent prospecting; making references; making the list of scientific literature; development of composition and technology of pharmaceutics; standardization of drugs; discussion of experiment results; preparation of abstracts and articles to scientific and practical conferences.
Currently in the department is working:
1. SagindykovaB.А. -Doctor of Pharmaceutical Sciences, professor, head of the Department;
2. AnarbaevaR.М. - Candidate of medical sciences, acting professor;
3. Martynova I.А. - Candidate of medical sciences, acting professor;
4. TobagabylovaG.N. -SeniorLecturer;
5. AsylovaN.А. -Master of Medical Sciences, Senior Lecturer;
6. ToishievaB.Т. - Master of Medical Sciences, Senior Lecturer;
7. TolegenovaG.B. - Master of Medical Sciences, Senior Lecturer;
8. Isakov А.К. - Master of Medical Sciences, Senior Lecturer;
9. Omarbekova А.А. - Master of Medical Sciences, Senior Lecturer;
10. Kalybekova А.А. - Master of Natural Sciences, teacher;
11. NurbaevaS.Е. -teacher;
12. Ermekova А.B. -teacher;
13. KydyrbaevaN. -senior laboratory assistant;
14. DarbichevaG.I. -seniorlaboratory assistant;
15. DjandarovaK.А. -laboratory assistant.
Address: Al-Farabi square 1, SKMA, main building, 3-floor, 301 office.
Tel: (87252) 39-31-41 (internal 237, 235)